Speaking about disorders in the intimate sphere, gynecologists point not to erectile dysfunction in women, but to a decrease in libido. Sexual health of a woman can suffocate after the onset of menopause and the impact of other unfavorable factors. In order to cope with a lowered libido, the patient should visit a doctor and pick up corrective tactics based on the results of the tests.
Symptoms of Sexual Dysfunction in Women
Among the alarming signs that can signal the onset of a disorder in the intimate sphere:
- homosexual inclinations, a decrease in sex drive in men
- absence of intimate relations during pregnancy
- complete or partial loss of orgasm
- increased anxiety, nervousness and irritability
- fear of intimacy
- depression in the first months after giving birth to a child
The Causes of Decreased Libido
Erectile dysfunction in women, which manifests itself in the form of reduced sexual attraction to men, can arise as a consequence of a series of determinants, among which:
- Hereditary predisposition. Strong reactions to stressful situations can occur due to genetic factors. Emotional lability and propensity to anxiety-depressive states can be triggered by the presence of psychogenic pathologies in close relatives of a woman;
- Hormonal changes. Changes in the mechanisms of production of sex hormones occur during puberty and conception, fetal bearing, in the postpartum period and at the onset of menopause. In addition, the emotional state of a woman directly depends on the phase of the menstrual cycle. Fluctuations in the level of prolactin and estrogen can cause rapid changes in mood and a decrease in the overall emotional background;
- Pathology in the adrenal gland. The occurrence of a depressive disorder and a decrease in sexual excitability is often caused by a violation of the plasma concentration of cortisol and aldosterone, which are produced by the glands of internal secretion located in the adrenal cortex;
- The impact of stress. Strong excitement, physical and moral fatigue, intense emotional state leads to aggravation of intimate problems;
- Unfavorable social status, the presence of problems at work, the dismissal of the husband or the reduction of wages, deterioration of housing conditions;
- Negative experience with men, betrayal of a husband, psychological problems in marriage, lack of understanding with a sexual partner, frequent conflicts and quarrels, divorce or separation from a young man;
- The beginning of the lactation period, problems with falling asleep, pain in the chest, milk stagnation and lactation crises;
- Negative changes in appearance and the first signs of aging, a set of excess body weight and the appearance of wrinkles, stretch marks and pigment spots;
- Hypothyroidism, that is, an endocrine disease that caused a decreased production of thyroid hormones. Among the main signs of the impairment of the sectoral function, it is worth noting edema and facial swelling, systematic headaches and numbness of the limbs, menstrual irregularity and ringing in the ears, inhibition and forgetfulness.
Treatment of the Violated Sexual Functions in Women
Medical experts conduct an anamnesis, send women with complaints about a decrease in sexual desire for the necessary diagnostic measures. The patient is examined by a therapist and endocrinologist, neurologist and gynecologist, visits a psychiatrist and a psychotherapist.
There are a number of therapeutic techniques for eliminating sexual pathologies that are prescribed by analysis. A doctor can recommend a patient with a reduced libido and signs of frigidity:
- Medicamentous therapy of stimulating orientation. Women are prescribed suitable vasodilating and soothing drugs (Female Viagra). Tablet and liquid preparations can be used. Doctors recommend using tonic sticks and anti-inflammatory tampons, intimate ointments and gels.
Some lubricants can have a cooling and warming effect, have an antiseptic effect. Many intimate gels have a pleasant smell and taste, which helps women to relax in the process of intimacy and get a maximum of pleasant sensations;
- Reception of vitamin supplements. The natural stimulators of sexual desire, made on the basis of extracts of vegetable and animal origin, have a great demand. Medications have a complex general strengthening and stimulating effect, stimulate nerve endings, increase the rate of blood flow in the inguinal region.
- Biologically active additives often contain an extract of ginseng root and aloe vera, lemongrass and gingko biloba, celery and cinnamon, rhodiola rosea and St. John’s wort;
- Use of antidepressants. The drug course usually lasts for several months and includes regular visits to the psychologist. The doctor will help to select safe selective inhibitors of the return capture.
- Cognitive therapy. During the psychotherapeutic sessions the doctor teaches the woman the respiratory and relaxation techniques that help to find and keep calm in difficult life situations. The patient gets the opportunity to overcome subconscious fears, eliminate signs of depressive disorder, gain confidence in communicating with men and raise self-esteem;
- Normalization of daily routine, work and rest, proper nutrition and increased physical activity, refusal to smoke and alcohol.