Almost every man aged 50 faces the problem of impotence. The reason for this are age-related changes, bad habits, obesity, chronic diseases of the prostate gland. But it happens that a sluggish erection occurs in fully healthy men under the age of 30. That’s why all sorts of sexual stimulants have gained wide popularity. They will suit both men in adulthood, and patients aged 30-35.
But most sex stimulants of synthetic origin have a large number of contraindications and side effects. That’s why many people prefer to use biologically active additives against impotence. They are safer, and are not capable of causing side effects. Also, naturopathic agents have a complex effect on the body. Here, you will find the review of different vitamins and dietary supplements for ED.
The use of dietary supplements for erectile dysfunction
The advantage of biologically active additives is their safety. They have virtually no side effects and contraindications, so they can be used independently, and not at the doctor’s prescription. Here, in a man who has experienced the problem of weakening potency, there are two options – to undergo a test and to cure the main cause of a decrease in potency, by supplementing therapy with dietary supplements, or independently choose the pharmacy you like to increase the potency, hoping for a quick result. The first option is preferable.
The main benefit of dietary supplements is that they resemble powerful vitamin and nutritional cocktails for the body. With impotence caused by stress, fatigue, dietary supplements to increase potency is a good tool for the complex strengthening of all organs. Many chronic diseases reduce sexual function, and the intake of beneficial trace elements is part of the treatment. Aging of the organism occurs at the cellular level, reducing the male power. Some nutritional supplements slow down the negative processes in the cells.
There are some useful substances that do have a curative effect on the male sexual system, but it is evidenced by a few or unofficial clinical studies:
- Palmetto (a substance from the berries of Sabal) showed efficacy in hyperplasia of the prostate and a decrease in libido.
- Amino acid L-carnitine improves the endurance of the body and eliminates the symptoms of depression.
- Red ginseng increases the elasticity of the vessels and reduces the manifestations of erectile dysfunction.
- Coenzyme Q-10 improves the quality of sperm, protects blood vessels.
- Fish oil increases the level of high-density lipoproteins (good cholesterol), clears arteries, therefore reduces the risk of impotence.
- Quercetin increases physical endurance, eliminates stress of blood vessels and promotes erection.
- Vitamin E is called the vitamin of masculinity, since it normalizes the blood flow in the penis.
- Zinc supports the production of testosterone, the mobility of spermatozoa and maintains libido at a high level.
- A reasonably selected complex for increasing potency is able to compensate for the shortage of useful elements with a poor diet
Vitamins in the treatment of erectile dysfunction
What are the most important microelements and vitamins for improving potency? Let’s list them and briefly describe the properties:
- Folic acid: Folic acid is an important mineral needed to restore cells, strengthen the walls of blood vessels. The lack of this substance is not capable to lead to impotence, but here to weaken the man can (and the weak man is not capable of great feats in bed). Because of a deficiency of folic acid, the nervous system suffers, the walls of the blood vessels become less elastic. What foods contain this micronutrient? First of all, it is beef and fresh herbs.
- Vitamin A: Retinol, it is also a vitamin of growth, or vitamin A. It is needed by man, since it is this microelement which synthesizes proteins and fats. For men, it is important, as it promotes the production of sex hormones, as well as the maintenance of immunity. You can get the vitamin from beef and chicken liver, cod liver, red fruit, sweet potato, apricots, peaches, fish oil, olive oil, carrot juice, chicken and quail eggs, pumpkin.
- Vitamins of group B: B group vitamins are B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B7 (biotin), B12 (cyanocobalamin), B15 (pangamic acid). On the potency, they do not have a direct effect, but their merit is that the vitamins of this group restore energy and stimulate the nervous system. Deficiency of vitamin B can lead to increased fatigue, loss of strength, a tendency to depression, drowsiness, irritability, insomnia. All this is bad for the general condition of a man and, as a consequence, provokes sexual disorders. You can get vitamins of group B with the help of cheese, potatoes, beans, peanuts, salmon, tuna, bananas, oysters, beer.
- Vitamin E: If a man has an acute vitamin E deficiency, it will be very bad for the potency. In addition, the shortage of this trace element affects the quality of sperm, which means that the risk of infertility will be very high. Vitamin E takes part in the formation of blood and affects the tone of the vessels. Without it, the penis will receive little blood, therefore, it will not be enough for an erection. You can get a trace element from vegetable oil, chicken and quail eggs, dairy products. A lot of it in sprouted grains, green onions, asparagus.
- Vitamin C: It is needed by a man to maintain immunity. In addition, it is a necessary element of viability of spermatozoa (this is important for men who want to conceive a child). According to the doctors’ reviews, because of a lack of vitamin C, the general well-being of a man may worsen, his stamina will decrease, he will become stressed. Under such conditions, all systems in the body suffer, including those that are responsible for the potency.
- Vitamin D: It is needed to eliminate erectile dysfunction, since it is a catalyst for the synthesis of calcium, potassium and phosphorus – these elements are useful, as they participate in the work of the organs of the reproductive system. Most of the vitamin D is found in sea and river fish, eggs, milk, cottage cheese, tomatoes, eggplant, legumes, cheese products.
Admission of Hormones for the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
For the treatment of testosterone deficiency, the following are used:
- Intramuscular injections, usually every two or three weeks
- A testosterone patch that can be worn on the body or directly on the scrotum (in which the testes are located)
- Testosterone Gel
- Mucoadhesive preparations, twice a day placed above the upper teeth
- Oral medicines
Each of these treatments provides the necessary level of hormone replacement therapy. Nevertheless, each of them has its advantages and disadvantages. Talk with your doctor to find the best option for yourself. Who is contraindicated with testosterone replacement therapy?
Men with prostate cancer or breast cancer should not undergo testosterone replacement therapy. All men who are going to undergo substitution therapy with testosterone should first be screened for prostate cancer, rectal examination and prostate-specific antigen test.
Sprays for the treatment of erectile dysfunction
What is included in the stimulating spray for potency? Magnesium, guarana extract, glycine and L-arginine are pharmacological components and natural aphrodisiacs that help improve blood circulation and libido, reduce negative emotions, stress, restore hormonal background. The product guarantees a powerful erection within 10 minutes after application, the erection can last about 2 hours, and from side effects – priapism and dizziness.
- Stabilization of erection. This is due to the fact that the composition of dietary supplements include substances that increase the flow of blood into the region of the penis. Due to this, the erection becomes more stable, and the man feels much more confident.
- Extension of sexual intercourse. According to reviews from customers, the duration of sexual intercourse increases by 20-50%.
- Great pleasure. Sprays help to enhance the pleasure of sex of both partners.
An essential advantage of a biologically active additive is instantaneous action. After 5-10 seconds after applying the spray, the erection stabilizes. Moreover, there is evidence that the drug helps to increase libido and stimulates the production of testosterone (the male sex hormone).
The drug should be used for men suffering from sluggish erection and premature ejaculation. You can also use the drug if impotence has arisen due to increased physical exertion. So how should you use the spray? Spray should be sprayed on the penis immediately before sexual intercourse. Duration of spraying should not exceed 3-7 seconds. You can use M 16 every day. The duration of treatment is not limited. After the end of sexual intercourse, the spray should be washed off. It is worth noting that you can spray not more than 2-3 times.
Alcohol and erectile dysfunction
Male potency depends on many factors, one of which is alcohol. Drinking alcohol can cause erectile dysfunction and even lead to impotence – the inability to complete sexual intercourse. This need to know the representatives of the stronger sex, because the problem with erection can lead to prolonged depression and infertility.
There is an erroneous opinion that alcohol in a small dose increases male strength, increases desire and prolongs sexual intercourse. This is in part true and has a medical justification: alcohol reduces the sensitivity of nerve endings, and therefore intimacy may be more prolonged. At the same time, the constant use of strong drinks leads to the opposite effect – first the libido decreases, then the excitability and erection decrease, and then impotence occurs.
A big problem is a beer that is innocuous at first glance. It contains alcohol in very small doses, but with regular use causes dependence. In addition, barley drinks contain female phytohormones (phytoestrogens), which action is opposite to testosterone, which is responsible for male sexual function. A man who constantly drinks beer, does not consider himself an alcoholic and often sees the reasons for the inability to perform sexual intercourse in anything, except in a daily serving of beer.
Another misconception is that alcohol, drunk in the evening, sometimes stimulates a strong erection that occurs the next morning. This phenomenon is explained by the fact that by deactivating any alcohol, the liver begins to actively develop substances that stimulate the release of testosterone into the blood. There is a spontaneous erection that convinces a man of his health and prompts to delay the visit to the doctor. The result of this lifestyle often leads to sad consequences. Almost all who take alcohol constantly get impotence.
Drinking alcohol does not cause a desire to have sex, on the contrary, the erection weakens or disappears completely. Sexual contact can be prolonged, but there is no ejaculation. The sharpness of sensations decreases until the appearance of unpleasant sensations and soreness. Alcohol is able to change the composition of sperm. The number of spermatozoa with a defective structure increases, the activity of spermatozoa decreases, which can lead to a problem with conception.
Often, alcohol is the cause of the birth of children with serious health problems. It is important to remember that alcohol and taking drugs are at the top of the list of causes that cause sexual weakness. In this regard, to restore sexual function, it is necessary to completely stop taking alcohol and narcotics.